| Share or Bookmark:
Are you looking for an inexpensive way to spend quality time with family and friends? Or a way to get reconnected with Arizona’s great outdoors?
Then come on out to the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s FREE Outdoor Expo on Saturday, March 28 and Sunday, March 29. The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix.
This crowd-pleasing event offers lots of exciting, hands-on outdoor recreational activities, demonstrations and exhibit booths:
- Test your skill at archery
- Take your kids to the huge catch-and-release fishing tank
- See live wildlife demonstrations (hawks, owls, snakes, more)
- Watch amazing horse-mounted shooting competition from the cowboy mounted shooters
- Hike a nature trail/field course
- Try target shooting with different firearms on the range
- Watch custom off-road vehicles called “rock crawlers” nimbly walk over huge boulders and other obstacles
- Watch casting demonstrations and pick up fishing tips from local experts
- View exciting shooting demonstrations by the cowboy action shooters, including quick-draw demos by the world-famous “Evil Roy”
- Attend informative workshops on fishing, hunting, and wildlife conservation
- See boating exhibits and learn about boating recreation and safety
- Visit with more than 100 exhibitors—sportsmen’s organizations, conservation groups, shooting clubs, government agencies, and commercial vendors of outdoor products and services
So you don’t miss a thing, there is trolley transportation available throughout the 1,600-acre Ben Avery grounds.
To get to the Expo, take I-17 to Carefree Highway (Exit 223). Go west a ½ mile on Carefree Highway and follow the signs. Admission and parking are free – bring a little money for food and beverages, or for the nominal ammunition fee if you want to try out firearms on the range.
Gold sponsors for this year’s Outdoor Expo are Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, the Weatherby Foundation, and the American Red Cross, Grand Canyon Chapter.
Contributing sponsors are Fisherman’s Choice, Winchester Ammunition, White Flyer Targets, Morrell Targets, Lincoln Property Company, Sundt and Facilitec.
For more information on the Outdoor Expo, visit www.azgfd.gov/expo.