| Share or Bookmark:
The Arizona Game and Fish Commission will hold its next regularly scheduled meeting on June 26 and 27. The meeting will be held at the Arizona Game and Fish Department headquarters at 5000 W. Carefree Highway in Phoenix (1.5 miles west of I-17).
The public is invited to attend the meeting at the Phoenix headquarters or view the meeting via a videoconference feed at any of the department’s regional offices in Pinetop, Flagstaff, Kingman, Yuma, Tucson and Mesa. For a list of office addresses, visit www.azgfd.gov/offices.
Those viewing the meeting at the regional offices will be able to submit “blue slips” to present oral comment during the “call for comment” portions of the agenda, just as if they were attending the meeting in person.
The Friday, June 26 portion of the meeting begins with an executive session at 8 a.m., followed by the public meeting. Items on Friday’s agenda include:
- Statewide shooting range grant requests for fiscal year 2010.
- Proposed revisions to the Heritage Public Advisory Committee charter.
- Request for the commission to approve the agreement for a permit with Arizona Public Service for the purpose of continuing service for construction, operation, and maintenance of electric poles and lines at Page Springs Hatchery – Bubbling Ponds, Yavapai County, Arizona.
- Request for the commission to approve a Memorandum of Understanding with the U.S. Forest Service for the department to participate as a cooperating agency in the National Environmental Policy Act process concerning the Rosemont Copper Project.
- Request for the commission to approve a Memorandum of Understanding with the Bureau of Land Management for the department to participate in the development of the Solar Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS).
- Intergovernmental agreement between the Arizona Game and Fish Commission and the City of Maricopa regarding hunting within city limits.
The Saturday, June 27 portion of the meeting begins at 8 a.m. Items on Saturday’s agenda include:
- Summary of alternatives for site selection of the Northern Arizona Regional Shooting Facility, including projected scale, timeline, and budget commitments.
- Consideration of applications from organizations for Special Big Game Hunt License Tags for antelope, bighorn sheep, black bear, buffalo, elk, javelina, mountain lion, mule deer, white-tailed deer, and turkey for 2010-2011.
- Consideration of proposed Commission Order 29 for Special Big Game License-Tag Seasons for mule deer, white-tailed deer, antelope, elk, turkey, javelina, bighorn sheep, buffalo, black bear, and mountain lion for the 2010-2011 special tag hunting seasons.
- Consideration of proposed Commission Orders 19 (dove), 20 (band-tailed pigeon) and 24 (sandhill crane) establishing seasons and season dates, bag and possession limits, and open/closed areas for the 2009-2010 hunting season.
- Proposed dates and locations of Arizona Game and Fish Commission meetings for 2010 and January 2011.
The commission may vote to take action or provide the department with direction on the agenda items. For a complete agenda, visit www.azgfd.gov/commission and click on the commission agenda link.